Mother's Day

A bit of trivia, the founder of Mother's day regretted having founded it just a few years after it became a big thing. She hated how commercialized it had become.

I feel torn about Mother's Day. I like the part where when your kids are old enough, they make you little crafts and attempt to do sweet things. But not he part where it becomes blown up into more than that.

The main thing that rubs me the wong way is the idea that mother's need to get something in return for being a mother. We tried for a year to get pregnant with Kins, and I was afraid that I might not get to experience motherhood. Getting pregnant and having kids who love me and show it every day, well, there's not a lot they could do on one day to make my life more meaningful. I'm not sure I like the idea that I should be rewarded by them for being their mother. Being a mother is something that not all women are able to do. It's something that I wanted badly, and that I'm very appreciative of.  Kids, if you're reading this in the future, a craft, a phone call, a poem, I would like any of these things. But, I'd like 'em just as well on any other day.

Comments

  1. It's true, being a mother is a privilege and a gift in itself. The hugs and kisses and homemade drawings and poems are the best gifts of all. Of course, I like those phone calls and Skypes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, being a mom sure is rewarding all by itself. although...I wonder if I'll still feel that way when I've got teenagers. maybe that's what the holiday was invented for? guess we'll find out in 10-15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thіs is very interesting, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined
    your rss feed аnd stay up for lоoking for morе of your eхcellеnt post.
    Also, Ι've shared your website in my social networks

    my webpage pas cher

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment