Potty Trained and MacKinisms

Kins has been a tough one with the potty training. I have mentioned it quite a bit, offered every bribe I could think of, but not put much pressure on her. This is because I think she and I both have enough of that me pressuring her dynamic going on with getting her to eat. I didn't want to add more into our lives.

A few days ago, she asked for one of the toys in the garage that I've offered her for using the potty for months now. There were two big boxes of my old toys that my mom had brought over just waiting for her to start earning them. Like I'd done many times before, I told her that she could have it if she peed on the potty. She announced that she wanted to pee on the potty, and she did. This had happened before, she would usually lose interest in keeping it up after a couple of toys earned and she would never agree to wear underwear for more than a couple of minutes without then demanding to put her diaper back on again. This time, she wanted to wear the underwear, and she was having fun peeing every 10 minutes and then requesting another toy. She had a couple of big accidents the first day. The second day she had a couple of tiny ones, where she would realize that she was getting wet in time to stop and finish on the potty. The third day she had no accidents at all. I'm not asking her to sit on the potty as often anymore, I just remind her that she should when she needs to, and she is getting good at doing it on her own now. I'm still putting her in diapers overnight and when we go out. I think she is about ready to go out diaper free now, I will probably try it today if she wants to.

Big mac participates in kisses now. When you say kisses, he leans in, huge open mouthed smile on his face, tongue sticking out, and he slimes you.

He says I love you back. He doesn't quite have the whole phrase down, but he is close enough that I can tell he's copying saying it.

He initiates playing peek a boo. He hides behind his hands for a few seconds, then says peek a boo!

He makes himself laugh often. Lately when I'm rocking him before bed, he will blow raspberries and then start cracking up.

Kins is getting good at not throwing fits leaving places when she is having fun. For awhile, I couldn't get her out of a fun place without tears. Now, she understands the concept of being good so that she can reap the rewards by returning to said place later. She also does seem to want to make me happy, and she tries to be good for that reason too.

She started a new dance class, it has a lot more kids than her first dance class. She was overwhelmed at first, and watched from a distance sitting in my lap. She participated some of the time near the end. Not exactly doing what was asked of her... but she was with the other kids anyway. Her bff Bears is in the class too. The class is for 3-5 year olds, so they're both on the young end, but they both were clearly the least cooperative of any of the other 18 children. *sigh*

Comments

  1. Strong work on the potty training! Nice that she's finally over that obstacle.
    Hope the dance class participation improves over time. Probably will. She'll want to do what the others are doing.
    Aw, Max has learned a lot in just a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost on everything.

    Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?

    There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Thanks!

    Take a look at my web page - weightloss clinic

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, MacKinisms. Pretty witty. crazy how fast max is growing up. I'll have to try and remember to instigate some peek a boo when we hang out next. it just sounds so blasted adorable. That's awesome that the concept of being a good kid now will get her rewards later is starting to sink in. I can dream of such a day arriving for me and bears. hopefully this is another area where their milestones will be somewhat in sync?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment