Dec 8, 2012

3 Years Old and interview

Kins turned three a couple of days ago. She is a petite 25 pounds, which, is actually pretty amazing for her. It's 5th percentile for weight, finally on the chart instead of waaayy below the bottom line like she had been for over a year before. I still bribe her to eat. I tried letting her feed herself for a couple of days, and she only ate half of what I can easily get her to eat bribing her. I have quit pressuring her to eat though, if she won't eat a single bite, I just try not to stress it and we're done for that meal. 

She's very easy as far as sleeping goes. At bedtime we read a few stories, and then Tim and I head out of her room. She usually complains some, always saying, "One more time!" even if we've read 5 stories. But, usually once we're out of her room she doesn't mind. She's in a twin bed now, but I do have the alcove in her room where her bed is gated off from the rest of the room. She's got some toys in her alcove, but not access to emptying out every dresser drawer in her room like before. After we leave her room, she usually sings some songs to herself, and plays with her toys for a few minutes before going to bed. She does ask to have her light left on, even though she has a night light. If I sneak in and turn it off after she's fallen asleep, she will wake up in the middle of the night saying softly, "On." If there's no response for 5 seconds, she repeats herself, slightly louder. After about 5-10 repeats, she's yelling it at the top of her lungs. For now, it works out best for everyone to leave it on all night. It doesn't seem to affect how well or how late she sleeps. 
Napping is not always so smooth. If she actually lays down and tries, she nearly always falls asleep for at least an hour, but usually two or more. She often is very resistant to trying to sleep though, and she will stay in her room for 2 hours just singing and playing with toys, finally standing by her gate and yelling for me to come get her. I'm impressed though that she will play for nearly 2 hours totally content before wanting to come out. She probably actually sleeps half the time. If she doesn't nap, she will sleep an hour or two longer overnight to make up for it, so other than being super emotional in the afternoon/early evening, it seems to work out ok either way.

She does throw her share of fits. If she doesn't get what she wants, or if we leave wherever we are and she was having fun, she screams about it, sometimes pretty persistently. I try to just totally ignore the screaming and it doesn't usually go on for too long.

I love that I can have conversations with her now. She is always cracking me up. This morning she said she was a mouse and I was a clock, and then she began trying to run up me. (Hickory dickory dock). Last night I left her downstairs and ran up to toss the laundry into the dryer. On my way out of the laundry room, I ran into the doorway, it was pretty loud. When I got downstairs she wanted to know, "What was that? (noise)". I told her I ran my shoulder into the doorway. She mumbled something that I didn't quite catch. A second later she said it a little louder, "Come here and let me kiss it better!" She did. 

She can count to 19. Not always, sometimes after about 17 she just starts back at 8. She knows what basic sounds every letter makes. I haven't worked with her on how some letters make more than one sound yet, she's just recently gotten consistent with knowing one sound for each letter. She can do sommersaults, and she likes to copy dance moves. She took her first art class, and we're enrolling for the next semester. She will be starting a 3 year old ballet/creative dance class soon. She loves story time at the library, and just recently sat with the kids instead of with mommy fir the first time.
Interview with a 3 year old Kins:
What's the first thing you like to do in the morning after you wake up? Micky Mouse! (I think these answers may be tainted by her just finishing watching a micky mouse cartoon...)
What's your favorite book?  The train story She has been loving reading this book at night. It used to always be Bear of my Heart that she wanted to read. The Goodnight Train is really fun though, it's got a lot of cute and silly things to talk about on each page.
What is your favorite color?  Green
What is your favorite toy?  My favorite Mommy!
What is your favorite food?  My jelly to eat
What is your favorite TV show?  The windmill (I don't know. Oh, now she's talking about Dora. She watched a Dora episode about Don Quixote.)
What is your favorite game? Some red shadow (I don't know)
What is your favorite animal?  My giraffe
What is your favorite song? Amarillo by Morning (Surprising choice, since we haven't sung this song for weeks)
Who is your best friend?  It's my mommy!
What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Singing amarillo by morning (Random. Would've thought she would have said jump on the trampoline, or make footprints)
What is your favorite drink? Pediasure (She asked for pediasure this morning, she hadn't had it for over a month or mentioned it)
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Teddy bears! (She was very excited about this answer, despite never, ever, taking a teddy bear to bed with her at night. The real answer is her little bunny rabbits, and/or whatever toy she was playing with before bedtime)
What do you want to be when you grow up?  For mommy and daddy get big, for (mumble mumble mumble) and get big. For pee pee!
What is one special thing about you? Eyebrows!
How old are you? I'm three year old.
What do Mommy and Daddy do after you go to bed? Trampoline.

What do you like best about Max? I'm santa and you're a reindeer. Tim then tried prompting her, "Do you like when Max poops his pants?" She said, "No, I told you, I'm a reindeer and you're Santa!"

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that she can respond to "interview" questions now. She's a funny girl, and very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that interview idea is really cute. I'll have to copy it when Bears turns 3. lol, love the hickory dickory dock thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails