Mar 14, 2012

Running Fever

I think I should preface this by saying that it got out of control. I have way too many songs in here, I would never have the patience to listen to more than a couple on someone else's blog. But, I can't be blamed, I've got running fever. It's just good I was able to stop where I did, because there are so many other songs that are on my playlist. I'm so excited that I don't have too much longer to wait before my body will (hopefully) be capable of going on some runs. Each time I see someone jogging their heart out down the sidewalk, I feel that surge of adrenaline like it's me and get even more excited. Each time I hear one of my favorite running songs it's the same story. Throughout pregnancy I've added a few songs to my running  playlist, it is going to be some seriously good times. I'd been toying with the idea of posting all my running favorites, but after reading avian explorers blog recently, I got motivated. She posted about gym people and how strange some of them are, and mentioned her closet love for rap music for working out. So, here are my favorite picks. I'll start with the non-rap.





Most of NIN Pretty Hate Machine is excellent work out music.





Now it's time to come out of the closet and reveal the rap music that I'm actually listening to most of the time when I'm running.





















There are quite a few Eminem songs that make the playlist.





Also, 6 in the morning and 40 oz (actually by D12) and Business and a few more but I'm too lazy to see which exactly.









4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you!!! I'm so excited to review this. I really love listening to NIN while running too. "Wish" on Broken has an excellent beat.

    I know exactly what you mean about how just hearing the songs will get you going. I heard Tom Petty on the radio at lunch today and I was pumped!

    I use a running mix that's on Spotify if you're interested: http://open.spotify.com/user/eruzich/playlist/2hhsd6L8ThAsvVZtPlwE6h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that my brain still seems unable to process rap the intended way. the top three are definitely some favorites though. good stuff. ahh I'm so pumped about being able to get out and do stuff that really gets the blood pumping again. it's gonna be glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth! I'm excited to add some new songs to my playlist, as soon as I'm on a computer I'm going to listen to your list. :)

    Um, tooter, you're definitely not looking at this right. I think enjoying rap is much more confusing than not. A lot of it does have a really good beat, but being able to like listening to some dude rapping about how its ok if you're not in the mood, just lay back and open your mouth. Uhh, not a huge accomplishment! I like to think rappers are all just joking. It's better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I see you're down to 19 days.
    No wonder you're getting anxious to deliver and get back to exercising and a more normal body.
    I'm not going to listen to your rap list, though. Not my thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails