37 Weeks

I am now full term, a point in pregnancy I'm always glad to reach. I have recently been getting lots of comments about how big I am, how it must be twins, and so on. I didn't get those with Kins, or at least I don't remember it if I did. So, I was convinced that I really was bigger, that is, until I conducted a study. It would be easier if I'd just recorded my measurements last pregnancy, but I didn't. For my study, I dressed in the same clothes and posed exactly the same for this week's pic as I did for the 37 week picture last pregnancy. I pulled up the pics side by side in photoshop, and outlined my pregnancy #1 pic belly with green dots. Then I copied the layer with green dots, and resized it (without skewing it) around my current 37 week pic. Pregnancy with Kins on the left, current 37 week pic on the right. My belly is amazingly identical in size to last pregnancy.


My belly is now 38 inches around. And slightly less exciting to record, my hips are 36.5. I'm weighing in at around 134 (morning weight, more like 137 afternoon weight). I'm recording my weight this time on the blog, because I didn't last time, and I've been curious this whole time how close I am to last time.  I'm starting to grow sideways, from straight on my belly bows out now, my little boy is getting big. I can tell he doesn't have much room now, because his bottom is often crushed into my ribs. My gripes: not being able to do much of anything without getting sore, including picking up scattered toys or walking over half a mile, not being able to hold Kins in my lap or play on the floor with her like normal, aches at night waking me up often, no bladder capacity, t-rex arms, always stuffy nose, and being tired most of the time.

Way more than outweighing all of my gripes, the excitement. I'm going to meet him soon! I wonder if any of my genes will come through this time, or if he's going to be a mini-Tim like Kins. Luckily, those are some darn cute genes. I can't wait to see what he's like. It's going to be fun, if challenging, to see him and Kins get to know each other and bond. I'm also excited to see how labor and birth go this time. Active labor is supposed to only be about half as long the second time around, and the pushing part is usually just minutes. With Kins, if my water hadn't broken first, I wouldn't have known I was really in labor until maybe 7 hours before it was time to push, and I pushed for about 1.5 hours. So, it's not unlikely that this labor will be only a 3 or 4 hours with a few minutes of pushing. It could be tight for my parents to be able to make the 2.5 hour drive in time. I would be pretty excited to have such a fast labor, although, I don't want to accidentally have this baby in the car either. It's a fine line.

Little boy's room was previously the junk room, but I've finally managed to get it totally cleared out and everything in it organized and stowed away in plastic bins. I don't know if it was just that I got in the mode, or if it was the nesting instinct, but the rest of the upstairs got organized too. I also got all of his clothes up to 6 months washed and put away, and got his bassinets, bouncer chair, and a few other things he will use down from the attic and set up. Just got to pack up a bag for the hospital, and I will be all set.

Comments

  1. I'm getting excited to meet the lil guy too. hmm...maybe I'd better come over sooner rather than later to hang out with the kins. like just as soon as your contractions start becoming regular. definitely don't want you having the baby in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better get your bag packed! Good to hear that everything else is ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting waiting for you little boy to be born...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment