No Rabbits Were Harmed

In the discovery of this pregnancy. Did you know that back in the day they would inject rabbits with the urine of women who thought they were pregnant, then dissect the rabbit to see if its ovaries reacted to the pregnancy hormone to confirm pregnancy?  Interesting I guess, but sad. And sort of a morbid way to announce my pregnancy come to think of it. But, even more morbid to actually find out about it that way. Maybe we need a new paragraph.

Yep, I'm finally pregnant again. Like last time, it wasn't as simple as I'd imagined. This time the staying pregnant part was more of a challenge than the getting pregnant part, but, that was also tricky until I weaned Kins. Turns out nursing, even only 2x a day, cuts my luteal phase (that time between ovulation and a period) down to about 8 days consistently. Not enough time for most little eggs to make a long journey and set up house. Weaning did the trick though, and I was pregnant again on the next cycle.

I had an ultrasound to check a few markers of health and some bloodwork, and all signs point to a healthy baby. We had so many ideas for what to name this little one, a couple being Friggleheimer and Champagne, but When Tim suggested Shanaenae I knew it was the right choice. It sounds a bit feminine, but as Tooter pointed out, if it's a boy we can just call him He-naenae. Can't get more masculine than that, now can you? We never gave Kins a pre-name name, but I'm enjoying it this time. Shanaenae hates spearmint gum for example. And Shanaenae doesn't enjoy lots of cookies or dessert. Having a name lends itself to easy explanations I find.

Without further ado, I present to you, Shanaenae:

Comments

  1. congratulations...very exciting news...love the photo....awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol what an awesome way to announce your pregnancy. and, like you say, not nearly so morbid as actually finding out that way. This was a particularly riveting blog. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just from the ultrasound, I can tell how cute she/he is. We can't wait to meet she/he naenae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are pregnant?? That is great!COngrats to you and the lucky fella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Congratulations!! Kins will be so happy to have a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations you two!
    ~Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, now you get to be barraged with pregnancy updates all the time! It'll be exciting though. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congratulations! (I stopped by just to check and see, but I wasn't going to ask again). I'm so happy for you guys, you are such wonderful parents!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment