Feb 5, 2011

14 Months



She's 17.5 pounds and about 29 inches tall. She's getting her 9th tooth.  She now gets the concept of putting things away. She has a barn that stores things inside, and she always puts a few things back after taking it all out. She tries to put the rings back on her ring stacker too, but she's not quite precise enough yet. She brushes her hair and holds her phone up to her ear. She can stand and balance for five seconds or so, but she still won't do it intentionally. She can walk around holding just one of my hands, but she's not confident about it yet, and holds her other hand up and looks back to see why I'm not taking it the whole time. She loves walking with me to a cabinet or bookshelf, then stopping and removing all the stuff she can.




She copies words pretty well. And understands the meaning of a few more this month: hot and belly. She gets really tentative about touching things called hot. She is obsessed with belly buttons, she just loves to see a belly and poke her finger into the belly button, saying, "bay!!" She can point out her own bay too when asked. She can give kisses too.

She loves the microwave. When it beeps, she holds her hand out to it, her way of saying I want that. She also loves going outside. She's always walking over to the door, and trying to open it to go in the backyard.


 She loves just walking around out there.


She's getting better and better at falling asleep on her own. She will usually only make sad whining noises for less than 30 seconds, or not at all, before falling asleep. She's been acting like maybe two naps is too many lately. Sitting up and playing in her crib instead of napping. Could it be time already for her to take just one nap??

Eating solids has been going well. Most days I even end up feeling like she ate as much as I thought she should eat, which she never did even a month ago. This is good timing, because my fertility doesn't seem to really be around yet. I just dropped her mid day nursing session to work toward fertility. Kins didn't even notice. Weaning is turning out to be harder for me than for her. Now I'm just nursing her twice a day. I'm really hoping my body will kick back into gear so that I can nurse her until she's about 18 months, that was my original plan, and I would love to stick to it.

Here she is talking to herself. There's so much I want to get her doing on video, but she stops doing it right away when she sees the camera.

5 comments:

  1. she is so cute...little britches has 2 teeth now on the bottom...I think he is about the same size as she is and 1/2 her age....love seeing her updates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, I was gonna talk about how cute that first picture was but as I scrolled down, I realized that they were all winners. I swear she's getting even more photogenic. That video of her talking to herself is so cute. Bears almost always stops performing whenever I bring out the camera too. The camera just always seems to be more interesting than whatever it was that they were doing in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is some serious cuteness going on here

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's an adorable little explorer, checking out the interesting stuff around the house. As soon as it warms up, she's really going to want to get out and play on the deck and in the grass. Love the video with her little squeal at the beginning. She's obviously having a lot of fun entertaining herself.
    Very cute Valentine header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, yes, she's tiny for her age! Thanks. :)

    Squats, I even tried letting her play with the camera for quite a while before filming her. Even still, it was riveting.

    Thanks Sammy. :)

    Mama, I have been dreaming of when it gets warm enough to take her out back. I'm going to set up her play yard and sit in there with her reading. It's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails