Aug 12, 2010

Chocolate Cake

This chocolate cake has preserved my sanity during this time when I've had to give up dairy and soy. Original recipe here. My recipe is slighly tweaked as always. The cake doesn't taste vegan at all. I've had multiple people taste it and confirm it. Laura actually makes it regularly now, and she doesn't have any kind of diet restriction.

Cake:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup fake butter (earth balance is pretty tasty)
1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar

Bake at 350 for around 28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Frosting:
I just use the recipe on the back of the hershey's coco box but alter it slightly to fit my diet:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cups unsweetened coco powder
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup fake butter

2 comments:

  1. It does look delish, even though I'm not a big fan of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails