Jul 13, 2010

Lake Mary and Lake Martha

Laura and I met at the Brighton parking lot up Big Cottonwood Canyon to hike up to Lake Mary. It’s just one mile and a 760 foot elevation gain.


From there you can hike up to Lake Martha.



































We meant to hike to Lake Katherine, but after getting back and consulting my hiking book I see we hiked to Lake Martha instead. Guess this needs to be a do over. I really need to do it again anyway, because I’d like to hike into Albion Basin from Brighton, but the trail was covered with snow still in a few places that were very steep off to one side, not a good idea carrying babies.

6 comments:

  1. Geez, those babies sure seem to get in the way...the buzzkills! >:(


    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do make for tougher hiking, but a better work out too. You should get a backpack for Ryker and join us on some hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally LOVE to join you guys. I'm looking into a backpack right now, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that's going to be lots of fun if you come hiking with us. Just let us know when you've got a backpack and we'll test it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of you and Zoey at the lake is very cute -- no matter what lake it is!
    You two moms are getting very good at this. What lucky babies to have an introduction to the beauties of nature so early in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What?? I didn't realize that we never even made it to katherine. Although now that I think about it, we never did make it to any lake past that teeny one. crap. Do over, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails