Jul 15, 2010

Cloth Diapering

I'm giving it a go. Laura has been cloth diapering, and she was able to tell me which type of diapers would be good to go with. She tried name brands and also some cheapies off ebay made in China. She assumed the cheapies wouldn't work as well, but instead she found they were just as good. I bought a package of 10 shells and 20 inserts to start. They're one size fits all with lots of snaps to adjust. I still use disposables overnight and on the go. The amount I bought got me through about 4 days and I hadn't even used all of the inserts. I'm thinking the cloth will be quite a savings. The only question mark is weather only laundering them once every 5-6 days or so will keep them smelling ok. Laura tells me claims on the www are that they will end up smelling like a zoo. You're supposed to wash them every 2-3 days. I don't want to have to spend the extra effort or utilities to do that though. I'm just going to throw them in with all my other clothes when I normally would do laundry. I'll let ya know how that goes.

4 comments:

  1. Even though it would be an extra load of laundry it might be worth it to not have Zoey poop all over your clothes. Even if they are being washed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have felt the same way before having a baby, but, now I find I really don't care. I think it's mostly because baby poop doesn't smell bad. It will once she starts eating things other than breast milk, so I may change my mind then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, breast milk poop doesn't really seem like poop at all. I think you'll have a bigger odor problem from the pee. That'll be really cool if your stuff never ends up smelling like a zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be interested to hear how they smell after a few weeks of every 5 day washing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails