Alexander Basin


Laura, Monica, and I met up to hike up to Dog Lake. The parking lot was full, which isn’t too rare, but the parking lot below it was full too. We decided to just head down the canyon a bit and hike to Alexander Basin instead. That hike was quite a work out carrying Munchies. I was convinced it was at least 2 miles each way and 2,000 feet elevation. It’s really only 3 miles round trip and a 1640 foot elevation gain. It really felt like more. Dog Lake is 4 miles round trip the way I usually go and 1520 elevation gain, but this felt so much harder.

The basin was as pretty as I remembered it. Not too much further and you can hike through and hike Gobbler’s Knob, which Tim and I did a couple of years ago.




Comments

  1. Little Munchies is getting heavier by the day. Maybe that's why it seems harder! Looks like a nice hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dammit, you really have got me there with my pathetic attempts at a smile...I keep hoping that no one will notice that I'm terrible at grinning for the camera but it seems it's a foolish hope. Ah well. I'm sure these exercises that we're doing are bound to help. Maybe I can get zoey to give me some pointers, she seems to have it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confident with practice you too can perfect the art of a grin. Zoey is available to help if need be.I told Tim of your struggle and showed him today's pics, he says in the last one you've nailed it. He felt you were merely opening your mouth widely in the first two, not actually smiling. I'm not sure what I think. I do think they're awesome. That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that was a beautiful hike! And I'm still amazed at how well you and Laura handled it all with your babies. Very impressive. Can you send me those pics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos of the hiking group.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment