Apr 26, 2010

No Dairy It Is

After saying off Dairy for longer I am now more confident it was the cause of Zoey's problems. There's been significantly less blood in her poop, she went 4 days or so with none. She did have a tiny bit the last couple days, but I think it's because I tested drinking goat's milk. I tested it because I'd read that the proteins in goat's milk are smaller than in cow's milk which makes it more tolerable for some with dairy allergies. But, not munchies apparently. Too bad because goat's milk is a delicious dream. Actually, maybe it's good 'cuz weight loss is sure to be easier without me guzzling creamy deliciousness all the time. It's soy, rice, or almond milk for me. Turns out soy tastes like something meant to run an automobile. I really wanted to like it, but I can't. Rice is just about as bad. Almond is slightly tolerable. I think it tastes just fine in cereal or coffee. Still kinda weird by itself, but I have yet to taste the vanilla version so maybe I'll change my mind then. There's also chocolate soy and rice milk to taste. So many options! I'm now wondering if her weight dropping from 17th percentile to 5th is related to dairy. Guess I'll find out at her next check up.

Speaking of weight, the plateau I hit is finally over. I'm down to 107 now, just two pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. Although, the weight doesn't look the same as it did pre pregnancy. My goal is 100. Hopefully I'll be more satisfied with how I look at that weight. I'm not unhappy with how I look now, but I do know I can look better. I want to get looking my best so I can start stuffing my face with crap again. Ah, the day is in sight...

4 comments:

  1. I heard you liked Horchata? You know horchata is made with rice flour.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ehow.com/how_4750262_mexican-homemade-horchata.html

    I guess I should have been prepared with my first comment.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Soy milk isn't for everyone, THAT'S for sure. I think I liked it (in cereal, not alone) only because when I started drinking it, it'd been awhile since I'd even had cow's milk. So, I had a fuzzy memory of cow's milk to compare it to. Rice milk is just as bad though? Darn. Was gonna try it. Oh well, maybe I will anyway for kicks. hehehe
    I'm happy to hear that Munchies no longer has blood in her poop. Though, is her weight dropping a bad thing? Keep me posted! I just started Ryker out on rice cereal and he's starting to gain some serious weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anna!

    Alexis, her weight dropping isn't a great thing, but at this point it isn't overly concerning. I took her in today and she went from 5th percentile to 4th in 3 weeks, so not a huge alarming drop. The doctor wasn't concerned about it at this point. The game plan is no milk or soy at all for me for a couple of weeks, and if she still has blood then I will be forced to put her on formula.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails