Cartoons these days



While I get ready in the morning I often turn on some cartoons for Zoey and sit her in her boppy on my bed. They say you're not supposed to let babies watch TV, but I figure 10 minutes here and there isn't gonna hurt anything. It's interesting how fascinated she has been by the TV even when she was a newborn. She sits happily this way for awhile. I only play good cartoons for her though. What's up with the cartoons on these days? They're really dumb and boring. I dvr old school MGM cartoons for her. My all time favorite are Looney Tunes especially bugs bunny cartoons. The best. I can't even find them on TV though, I think I'm going to order the complete set of Looney Tunes for her online. I don't want her addicted to cartoons that I can't stand watching if I can help it. I can hardly believe I'm old enough to complain about cartoons "these days". Is Zoey gonna be blogging one day about why cartoons these days aren't as good as old school Dora the Explorer? Deep down I can't help but feel like Looney Tunes really are the best and it's not just my age.

Here she is doing her trademark head turn. She's always turning away like this after grinning like she's shy. She does it with me just as much as with anyone else so I guess it's just a funny mannerism.

Comments

  1. I love that cute, shy smile.
    At her age, Zoey probably doesn't care what cartoons she watches. Bus I guess her mom is more discriminating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looney Tunes have always been my favorite, especially Sylvester and Tweetie. And I agree with your mom, that little smile is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that she's already getting into cartoons. I LOVE her "shy look" too. Such a big personality from such a little lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. agh that last picture there may be the cutest yet. It's just ridiculous. I can't wait till I get to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you checked out the "Baby Channel"? It's only for babies.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this baby channel. I'll have to check it out, maybe it'll be a big hit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoey is just too darned cute. Yes, I think Looney Tunes are truly superior to cartoons on tv now. Sorry to hear about this dairy thing. But I'm sure it will be for the best :) I think it will be good for you. Maybe it would be good if you can perhaps continue subbing a little almond milk for regular milk after you finish breastfeeding :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have the complete set of looney tunes and yes, my kids beg to watch them. they are a classic. But I'm the parent who says...if you are going to watch TV, it's got to be educational. so I hate to say it but they usually get to watch looney tunes with daddy and dora the explorer with mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment