Mar 23, 2010

Weight Loss

Weight loss is going well. I've held steady at about a pound a week for the last 10 weeks. I'm down to a morning weight of 110. It was about 105 when I got pregnant, so I don't have too much to go. Ideally, I'd like to get it down to 100 since that is my normal weight, I had gained 5 pounds in attempts to become fertile again during the year I was trying to get pregnant.

I did fall off the no dessert wagon a little bit. Meaning I still haven't actually purchased any dessert items, but I do eat them if I'm with someone who offers me one or if I find something hidden in the back of a cabinet. Also, if Tim brings home dessert I eat it. Like the thin mint girl scout cookies last week. My favorite, mmmm. Now though, the house is empty of dessert like items so I will have to rely on my one cup per day of tasty beverage which I allow myself. This is usually Oregon Chai Tea, which Laura introduced me to. I get the caffeine free. After adding milk it's about 150 calories, not exactly a diet product. It does help me with my sugar fix though. What I really need to do is obtain more fireballs. I got a huge container of them when I was pregnant, but they are all gone now. They are a great sugar fix that you can't eat too many of since after awhile your mouth starts to feel like it's falling apart. Sadly, I can't find them at most stores.

I've been running 4.5 miles every other day and on my off days working out for an hour on the elliptical. Weight loss wise this seems to be doing the trick. Shin splint wise it isn't going so well. I am going to buy some quality running shoes in the next couple of days and see if I can't remedy this.

Hopefully next time I report back I'll be a few pounds lighter, I'm getting close to my goal and it feels good.

7 comments:

  1. That HUGE container you had was bought at the Smith's by work.
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you need to get on top of purchasing more fireballs. I was so saddened when Tim offered me something from the fireball basket that actually turned out to be some sort of healthy fruit. Ugh. It was a terrible tease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura you will be pleased to know that it will be quite some time until you're going to have to deal with such sadness. Thanks to Anna, the fireball basket is restocked. Oh.. oh no. Something very disturbing is happening as we speak. Or, as I type I guess. I'm eating one of the fireballs, and I can't detect any fire whatsoever. It's like a sweet faintly cinnamon flavored ball. Where's the fire? WHERE'S THE FIRE??!!! I hope this one is just defective. Although that would be preferable to a sudden loss of taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew. THERE'S the fire. It was buried deep within.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...thank god. You really gave me a fright there. Boy this sure will make visits over to your house even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! I was seriously THIS CLOSE to bringing some Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies for us last weekend to munch on after lunch, but then I remembered your No-Dessert Diet and thought it would be mighty inconsiderate of me. Now I'm confused as to whether or not I should have. :/

    Good job on your weight progress though. I, personally, think you look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alexis, thanks. And probably best that you didn't. In the moment it would have been thrilling, but after the fact I'm glad I didn't have any. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails