Mar 31, 2010

An Example





This daffodil is like, "Winter, I could live without you. But if you're gonna insist on sticking around, I'm gonna stand proud and look even more beautiful because of you. Take that!"

I probably wouldn't have even set foot outside today, but I was out of milk* so I had no choice. While I was lugging the groceries into the house I saw this daffodil peeking out from the devastation that is my flower bed. I don't usually take pictures except for of people unless I see something stunning and this obviously qualified. I feel like some kind of professional.

I can't decide which picture is the best. I like them for different reasons. The first one looks more like spring and I like how you can see the snow in the background. But, it's also got a house in the background. The second one is more dramatic.

* If you know me well you already know this, but I can't go on without milk.

4 comments:

  1. These are excellent shots! That is indeed a bold daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great camera work! That daffodil is amazing! :)
    I love the statement you made for it as well..."Winter, I could live without you. But if you're gonna insist on sticking around, I'm gonna stand proud and look even more beautiful because of you. Take that!"
    I think I'm going to keep this particular post of yours in mind whenever I feel beaten down by certain people or events in life! It's pretty awesome how one little daffodil can make such an impact. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both pretty awesome pictures but I think I like the 1st one best. Where is all that light coming from? Is it your porch light? Seems very powerful. Man, I sure hope that flower's still kicking in a few days. Stupid snow. But I guess either way, his bravery was well documented so his blooming wasn't for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have saved the first picture to my computer & will attempt to photoshop that house right out of there! I will report my progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails