Tim's Birthday

Tim's birthday went well. My parents happened to be in town, so they were able to watch Zoey for a few hours while we went out and saw Avatar Imax style. Zoey was pretty thrilled by Grandma.



I thought it was really good, but I have to agree with Laura, it's Fern Gully. Which makes it a tiny bit less admirable. I was thoroughly entertained though and that's what matters. I'd never been to an Imax theater before, and it was cool.

Then there was cake! Actually, to be honest, there was cake the previous night. I had been on my no dessert diet I was just dying after coming into possession of cake. I lost control and made it right away. I'm a professional.



Isn't it splendid? I started by decorating with flowers. Then I realized the cake wasn't looking very manly. I thought I'd better add some other elements. I added a hammer, a football, a car, a screwdriver, a boot, a few washers, a wrench and a nail. If this cake isn't manly then I just don't know what is.



The cake eating went better than I thought it would. I gave myself permission to wolf down however much I wanted, but I found I was done after a piece and a half. The frosting tasted concentrated and overpowering. I found myself not wanting more frosting per bite. That is unheard of for me. Since I did so well I proceeded to allow myself a piece a day for 4 whole days. It was glorious. Now I'm back to no dessert for at least another couple of weeks I figure. Things are looking good with the weight loss and I'm excited enough about that not to mind no dessert so much. I'm down 3-4 pounds in just a few weeks. Hopefully I can keep it up so I can get back to eating dessert regularly.

Comments

  1. That cake is freaking awesome! And quite professional-looking too, if I do say so myself. I actually recognized the hammer & wrench 'n stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, that was a pretty cool cake.
    Great pic of Zoey. I didn't realize you got one with her smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man. I had no idea of how glorious that cake originally was. The leftovers sure were tasty though. And yup, very cute picture of your mom and little zoey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Tim! Is there any cake left?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment