Feb 13, 2010

Beef Stew Pot Roast Hybrid

I started making pot roast in my crock pot a few months ago, but a few weeks ago I found myself without the requisite onion soup and added beef stew flavoring instead. The next time I made it I found that I couldn't decide whether to add the beef stew flavoring or the onion soup flavoring so I added both. It was delicious and I will never go back to just one or the other. Here's what you do. Place a large hunk of beef in the old crock pot. Add roughly 5 cups of water, 3/4 cups flour, one onion soup packet, one beef stew flavoring packet, a few cut up potatoes and a bag of baby carrots. Cook on low for 10 hours. I usually wing it on exact measurements and as someone who regularly screws up recipes, I can confidently say, this one is tough to screw up. Unless you severely undercook the beef and give everyone food poisoning. That's the one thing you'll not want to wing.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I'm going to try this one. You having fun with the folks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for this one. Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, I TOTALLY need a crock pot! That sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me! did you say BEEF? you actually ate beef? OMG were the planets aligned or something like it?
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails