Jan 31, 2010

No more work

Office work anyway. I told my manager today that I wasn't coming back to the office. I did say I would like to work 10-15 hours per week from home, but I doubt that I will be allowed to. A little sad, because it was a good job, but I wouldn't have been happy about leaving Zoey in day care. I know a lot of stay at home parents go a bit stir crazy, but so far I don't mind being at home nearly all the time. I'm not the most social person in the world, which I think is to my advantage in this situation.

Now that Zoey's getting older, I'll get out more and more since I can take her with me more often. Tim and I actually took her to the movies for the first time yesterday. We went to a noon matinee so as not to expose her to a whole lot of germs and she slept right through it. We saw Up In The Air and it was good. Once spring hits I will be out walking and hiking with her any chance I get, I can't wait for that.

I am going to help Tim in the office when I have down time now that things are starting to get busy for the season with his company. I'm also thinking of taking a class a semester to work towards something I could actually use to work part time or from home later when my kids are in school. I'm thinking accounting might be good. I do have a degree in marketing already, and a lot of the prereqs are the same. It's something I need to look into anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I am so not surprised you want to stay home with Zoey. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY understand! I didn't like the idea of daycare either. However, I was lucky to find a neighbor who is a stay at home mom, with a 2 year old boy, to watch Ryker. She watches him 3 days a week, while I work part time.

    It's sooo much better than daycare because he gets individual attention AND it's much more affordable. I don't think I could bear going back to work any other way. It's really, really great that you guys can afford to have you stay home.

    I love the idea of you going to school too. It'd be really awesome if you went into Accounting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I gotta say, you really sound ambitious with all this talk of plans. Maybe I should make some. Hmm...I guess I could work on my painting career? It certainly doesn't sound as respectable as becoming an accountant though. I've really gotta get my ducks in a row here. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Zoey will have her very own Mommy to take care of her instead of sending her to daycare.
    And of course you'll enjoy being with her and seeing every development as it happens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails