Jogging and Weight Loss

I started jogging again last week. Normally I loathe jogging outside during the winter. I've always hated getting cold ears and breathing the freezing air deep into my lungs. However, due to the fact that it's been so long since I've jogged outside I have found my desperation to get back into it far outweighs the discomfort. Actually, it's really not so bad and I may end up jogging during the winter in winters to come after discovering this. As I expected I'm not in nearly as good of jogging shape as I was pre pregnancy. Jogging 3-5 miles at a 10 minute pace is quite a challenge for me. My goal is to be one minute faster in a month. Not to mention some pounds lighter! I have almost 15 pounds to go to get back to my pre pregnancy weight, and even that was about 5 pounds heavier than my ideal. I'm 6 weeks post partum now, and other than what I lost within the first few weeks I haven't lost any more. I'm thinking adding jogging to my routine of using my elliptical should help me see some results. Only if I still don't lose any weight will I resort to the dreaded dieting. I've never dieted, and I hope not to start any time soon. Here's to hoping I have some weekly post partum pictures that actually show improvement soon!

Comments

  1. Jogging is good. Cutting back on the yummy spot food would probably also be good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment