Drunk with Power

You know when there are two lanes merging and everyone else is politely already all merged and then there is always that one bastard who thinks his time is worth more than yours who rushes up past everyone else in the lane about to merge and cuts everyone off? Well. I am making a difference in this world by thwarting them. I don't know why I never thought of it on my own, but I saw someone riding the center line way in advance of the merge to block these people off the other day and I've been doing it ever since. The power! Oh, the power! As I watch them in my rearview merging in where they're supposed to instead of cutting us all off I cackle loudly to myself, drunk with power and righteousness. That's right jerks. That's right. Lesson learned! Ahhhh... you should really try thwarting one of these people at your very next opportunity, it's fantastic. I just know I'm really putting them in their places. They're clearly changed men when I'm done with them. It is amazing.

Comments

  1. Silly goose, don't forget you are driving for two. By the by, I hate driving in SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. These guys never learn. They'll be doing the same thing next time. And I have to think you might be taking a chance getting in the way of crazy people.
    Funny post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, yes. The ol' switcherroo. Okay, not really, but I have seen that maneuver done before. It's always been done by angry guys out for justice though...at least whenever I see it. The idea of a tiny pregnant loan ranger has a certain appeal though...I can't imagine that you're putting yourself at TOO much risk, since the maneuver that I'm picturing always takes place at speeds of 2mph or slower. I guess if you're going any faster than that it might be a little overly brazen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to worry.. Laura is right, this is all taking place at 2 mph tops. I suppose I should have said that in the post. :) So the only risk would be if the person decided to get out of their car and come beat me up

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the illustration. I'll have to try your technique on Monday...there is so much construction and lane closures around my neighborhood right now so I'll be able to test this out very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment