Aug 18, 2009

Vegas Wedding




We were planning to get married in August. I decided that I wanted our dads to perform the ceremony, and so we were going to get married at the courthouse right before the wedding. But, Tim had to travel to St. George at the end of April and we decided I should come with him and we would head to Vegas and get married there. Tim was driving his huge work truck, and we decided to go through the drive through to get married. But first, I had to have the birthplace of my mother, and I wasn’t positive of that. The large woman at the front desk had quite an attitude about it. She swayed her head from side to side as she said, “You don’ know where yo motha was bowne?!” I desperately tried to explain that my mom was an army brat, how could I know? Sadly, I was unable to convince her of my worth after that. I called my brothers, who each named different places, different states in fact. I felt a little better about not knowing myself. It was around 9 PM on April 30 when I tried calling my parents’ cell phone. I didn’t get an answer so I left a message. We didn’t have much hope that they’d call back, since they were on a camping trip where they were likely out of cell phone reach. However, that night they were camping next to the car, where the phone was, and my dad happened to open the truck door to look for something. He called back, telling me how he had heard a “strange beeping noise” which after some investigation, turned out to be the phone’s voicemail notification. Turned out he knew where his wife was born, so we checked that obstacle off the list. I didn’t bring my dress, because I wanted to save that for the family ceremony. But, I did proudly wear my veil along with my tank top, jeans and flip flops. The photographer had just had a brawl with the Elvis-impersonator, an ordained minister who performed some of the ceremonies, but not ours, which I’m almost a little sad about in retrospect. When we walked up to get our pictures taken he was slouched on a bench pressing a cloth to the side of his head. His mood was as you would expect. That was a little interesting, but we managed to get some cute pictures anyway... which I haven't put on the computer yet. You'd think I'd have done that after 3 years, wouldn't you? Hmm. Maybe next year.

5 comments:

  1. Cute photo and sweet memories. The attire for that wedding always makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been enjoying these stories of TnT. so which brother was right? i'm pretty sure i got the state right. :)

    i had no idea you guys met in 2000 when u were 18! i should pick me up one of these love rocks. have tim pass me the info on how to obtain one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how darling you guys look in that picture. It's got to be just as cute as any of the pics from your for reals wedding. Er...I guess technically, that WAS your for reals wedding. Well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story! And that picture is simply priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! I didn't know you guys got married in Vegas! That's RAD! I've always wanted to meet someone who got married at a Vegas Drive-Through!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails