Aug 17, 2009

The Engagement

After dating for a year Tim and I decided to move in together. We started looking for a rental that allowed dogs because I knew I wanted one, especially because he was still traveling a lot at that time. We moved into the top level of a little house in sugarhouse and adopted Sadie. Tim had only had much experience with little dogs, so he was ambivalent about adopting a dog at first. But, within days Sadie had him wrapped around her little toe.



A year or so after moving in together we started thinking about marriage. Tim was in the process of picking out a ring with me, something that took awhile. Tim was actually more picky than I was about it, and wanted me to have something quality that we would love forever. Tim hadn’t planned to ask until he got the engagement ring, but a job came up and he knew he was going to be out of town for a month or so. He wanted to surprise me before he left. We went hiking before he had to leave, and he said he wanted to look at a ring he’d already given me, which I was wearing. I took it off and gave it to him, but became suspicious when he casually didn’t give it back. We hiked up to a city overlook with some cool stone rooms and walls. He asked me to marry him there. We knew we’d be dynamite together, because our initials were T n’ T, or TNT. Haha. That is how we labeled our food when we shopped together and I shared an apartment with April and Kristina, and we still like to refer to ourselves that way.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you guys are so cute! But I'm waiting for more baby belly pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TNT is a great couple nickname. I like the becoming engaged story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' the installments of your guys' relationship...it makes me want to sigh a lot for some reason. *sigh* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails