Ultrasound!

Yesterday I got a fancy ultrasound. And it was just as exciting as I had been hoping it would be. Even though I've knows there is a baby in there it is hard to really believe it, but actually seeing it made it seem so much more real. The baby was very active and was waving arms and legs around the whole time. First all of the measurements were taken, and then the nether regions were zeroed in on. In spite of the legs bicycling around, we found out that it is a girl. Tim said from the beginning he felt like it was a girl, and he seemed really happy about it. I might have teared up. But maybe not. You'll never know. The tech checked for a bunch of things that could be wrong and none of them were. She also took some measurements which all came out normal, and from those she could tell the baby's age growth wise, which was exactly on target. It was a relief to get all good news. And a lot of fun to see her wiggling around in there, she is just so adorable already. I got a DVD and a few pictures. And I can't figure out how to put the DVD onto the computer! I don't have many options, when I put the DVD into the computer the drive shows as being empty. Finally, I had to just play the DVD on the TV and record it with my camera. My camera isn't too great. The video looks a little funny because of that, but you can still get the gist of it. Around 50 seconds in it switches to 3D for a second, and that part is really neat. Here is the still shot from that part of the video:



The other still shots you can't really tell too much from, so without further ado, the video:



In other pregnancy news, I am all of a sudden starting to look pregnant. My stomach has really started to get bigger just in the last week. To the point where someone at my work guessed. She mentioned to another person I work with that she was confident I was 4-5 months along. Good thing I am planning on letting people know next week anyway, because it looks like I'm not hiding it well anymore. Here is my stomach from last weekend. A bit of a difference from the previous pictures I think, but not as impressive as it looks now.

Comments

  1. OMG those 3D ultrasounds are so awesome!! She already looks like her cousins a little, don't you think? Now, are you haggling over names? My favorite that we came up with for Alyson was Spoony Noodles. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the video is so cute. You can even see her features a little. She'll be petite and adorable just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, those 3D shots are amazing. She was really kicking around in there! Very cool. That's so great that you're having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's super neat that they did the 3D ultrasound too. She does look super cute already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 18 week ultrasound! Cool that they did 3-D--glad that baby is doing well. Congrats on having a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO JEALOUS you were able to get a 3D ultrasound. I asked, but the Univeristy Medical Center doesn't do them. :(
    Anyway, CONGRATS on having a little girl! She's SOOO adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim and I need to come up with a cute baby nick name.. Spoony Noodles is funny. :)

    I know, the 3D is neat, but Alexis don't be too jealous 'cuz the 3D part was only like 5 seconds long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously only 5 seconds?! I thought they were longer than that. Yeah, nicknames are fun. Dan and I called our baby, Shingo, before we knew what we were having and I found a name I really liked. I don't know if anything can top Spoony Noodles though! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment