Jun 26, 2009

First Movement?

Last night after he got out of the shower one of the Cure's more gothic sounding songs, Burn (I think) came on. Naked, Tim suddenly got motivated to put on a show. He started pulling some really creative and hilarious dance moves out that got me laughing. Then, he took it up a notch. He was sweeping his arms around, striding across the room, bending backwards gothic style. He was pole dancing on our canopy bed. He was thrusting his hips around madly. I can't accurately describe how funny it was, and I think the fact that he was still naked made it even funnier. Anyway, by the time he finally injured himself (which took a lot longer than I thought it would considering the vigor with which he was throwing himself around) I had tears streaming down my face I was laughing so hard. And then I realized I was feeling some tiny little movements that didn't feel like they could be anything other than the baby. I guess all that laughing must have gotten the baby more active than usual. Seems like daddy is making the baby laugh already. Plenty more where that came from...

7 comments:

  1. SO where are the pictures of this stirring life event?? hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say that probably beats most people's stories about the first time they felt their baby move. Pretty exciting stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love it! How exciting it must be to feel that movement inside your tummy. I keep on reminding my sister Melanie to make sure to let me know if her baby starts kicking so I can feel the little guy moving around...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Laura. It definitely beats most "first movement" stories I've seen/heard about. That's so freaking rad though! It sounds about right that you'd feel your first movements around now. CONGRATS! It's pretty exciting stuff! Ohhhh...but wait 'til you feel the movements almost all of the time. That's where I'm at and WOW! That's all I've gotta say! I'm SO EXCITED for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I WISH I had pictures. Actually video footage would have been better...

    Glad you guys liked the story, I wasn't sure the humor would come across in writing. Yeah, I am excited to feel the baby more often, that sounds really exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, too bad we don't have pictures. But then, do you really want your blog to be banned by google and become X-rated?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you didn't tell me he was naked! That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails