Sadie and I Become Art



I love this painting that Laura did recently. It is really meaningful to me because it is of me and my doggie kindred spirit Sadie. Even though Sadie is a wolf in this picture. When I first saw it I told Laura that it reminded me of Sadie, and she said that was actually her intention. Odds are Laura and I have discussed how Sadie reminds me of a wolf, but I can't actually remember having a conversation like that. Although, that isn't saying much because I'm not always the best at remembering conversations. I've never met a wolf, but Sadie always reminds me of how I imagine a wolf's personality would be. She is incredibly loyal to anyone who she considers her "pack", and she is smarter and more in tune with her instincts than most dogs seem to be.

Laura has a lot of awesome art, you can check her stuff out here. I have to post this one here too, because I think it might be my favorite of all so far:

Comments

  1. Oh I love it! It's really beautiful. Kudos to Laura.

    With all this talk of Sadie reminding you of a wolf, I started thinking about one of my favorite movies of all time--The Journey of Natty Gan. Have you seen it? If not, you should definitely put it on your list to watch. It was made back in 1985 and it's about this girl who meets up with a wolf and they become best friends...You and Sadie should watch it together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE seen The Journey of Natty Gan! That movie is the bomb. Good call on a movie I would like! I used to watch it all the time when I was little and still love it. Most likely Sadie and I have even seen it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's just an incredibly good likeness of you, and a great painting. Yes, i can see Sadie in the wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, again! That is beautiful artwork and definitely a fine resemblance of you. Laura is very talented.

    (I am feeling a pinch of the green-eyed monster--I want to be in a gorgeous, mystical painting looking 20-something and awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so flattering that you'd make a post specifically about my paintings. :) Sadie really is much more beautiful than the wolf version I drew though. That really needs to be mentioned. And I've never seen that natty gan movie but it sounds AMAZING. How have I been missing out on this??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's flattering is being the subject of the painting, and it sounds like mountain mama will back me up on that. :)

    And, I don't KNOW how you've missed out on the movie. I thought for sure you and I had watched it back in the day, it's one I had on tape. What you need to do is obtain the movie RIGHT NOW and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't remember this Natty movie either although if you watched it a bunch when u were little, i must've caught a glimpse...

    absolutely wonderful artwork, laura. tess, you and sadie are great models.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura seriously is so talented. And itw as an honor for her to a drawing of me too. I was completely amazed. I want to hang out again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! I can't even believe I haven't seen most of Laura's artwork! Boy do I feel like a losery friend. I'm AMAZED. I love it! :)

    P.S. I've never heard of this Natty Gan movie either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much guys! I'm so flattered. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment