Happy Mother's Day

Tim noticed this cute little nest of Sterlings just a couple of days before Mother's Day. Mom and Dad found a gap in our soffit and make a nest in there. They're packed the area with nest material so now the soffit bulges out from the house. My video camera isn't quite good enough to really capture it, but when the birds go into the nest they really have to squeeze in there, it is funny to watch. And each time one of the parents goes into the nest you can hear the baby birds chirping with joy, you actually can hear that in the video.



On that note, happy mother's day! I can only hope to be as good of a mom as my mom is!

Comments

  1. What a cute little bird video.

    Your mom is great, definitely a tough act to follow, but I think you'll be up to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute video! It'll be fun to keep an eye on that nest.
    Thanks for the compliment on mothering skills and the good wishes for the day. I love every minute of being a mom, and I know you will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know your mom, but I think you're going to be an AWESOME mom, Tess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...this really makes me wonder just what happened to the chicks in my dryer vent. I haven't noticed any bad smells coming from it yet so I have to assume that things went well.

    You're gonna make a wonderful mother, just like your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment