Feb 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Eric!



You've always been a great brother. Here are a few of the things you've done for me or shown me:
  • You got me started on jogging, something I've become really passionate about and now feel like I could barely live without.
  • You got me started being frugal at the grocery store, showing me to carefully compare prices on all types of items in order to get the cheapest one.
  • You always spent the most time with our family dogs growing up, maybe this is where I picked up on becoming the huge dog lover that I am.
  • You took most of my wedding pictures and then went to the trouble to print the best ones out and put them in an album for me.
  • When I lived with you in the apartment if the milk was low you wouldn't drink the rest in the morning because you knew how much I love my milk.
  • You taught me how to play tennis. I don't do it enough now, but it was always fun when we played.
  • You set a good example for me about how to be successful in college. You were always showing me that I needed to crack down and spend some time studying if I wanted to do well.
  • You've always been there if I needed to talk about anything.
  • You inspire me to be more thoughtful because you're always doing sweet things like writing mother's day poems or sending me great books for my birthday, and you've never once forgotten to wish me a happy birthday.
  • I still crack up every time I remember this time we were at the secret check out stand at Fred Meyer and the checker asked us if we found everything okay, and you in this over the top English accent were like, "Oh, yes! I found everythin' on my list today!" ('Cuz that was the Fred Meyer jingle, "What's on your list today? You'll find it at Fred Meyer, you'll find it aaaaattttt Fred Meeeeyyyyeerrrrr... dun dinun dunah!" So catchy. How I miss you Fred Meyer, Smiths just isn't the same.
  • It also still cracks me up when I think about how we used to load the cart brimming full and then we'd take it up the escalator to get up to the secret check stand because neither of us wanted to waste the time waiting for the slow elevator.
Hope you enjoy the drawing of you and Patches.

All in all, I couldn't ask for more. Love ya Bobby!!

3 comments:

  1. Tess, you are getting to be a real pro with digital painting. This is an awesome gift.

    Thanks for the good memories in this post. We had some great times at Freddies. :) LOL. And plenty of other good times too on H St and elsewhere.

    You forgot one thing I've done for you: kept your head straight in lots of photos.! (I don't remember doing this, but in momma's blog, i see that i did.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suprised to see Eric's habit of keeping you on track for photos, Tess. There are other examples besides the one in my blog...
    Having kids who get along so well is one of the best rewards of parenting. You guys are always entertaining.
    Nice painting, Tess. I agree, you're quite a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry to have left that out of my list. My head would probably be crooked today if you had not held it on straight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails