Feb 19, 2009

BooooOOOrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg.....

Lately there hasn't been a whole lot happening to blog about and I didn't want to bore my loyal fan base too much. Not to say I haven't been enjoying myself, but it has been with just the usual routine type stuff. I like me my routine, but it doesn't make for the most exciting news. For example, last weekend we went up Millcreek to cross country ski, the conditions were great because it wasn't too cold, but the snow wasn't warm enough to stick to our skis too much either. Boring, right? Yup. And then we made a trip to the DI where I found a couple of pretty sweet deals. And then I marveled over how very time I go to the DI I realize that I should never shop elsewhere unless the DI doesn't have what I want. We saw Coraline, which is a SERIOUSLY boring topic, because it was, you guessed it, boring. And depressing and dark. I guess it wasn't a total train wreck, but I found myself feeling slightly cheated. We both got too demotivated to go play pool on Valentines, so we ended up just hanging out at home instead after a run to two stores to get my annual bag of mini conversations hearts, because the first store was all out. Insanity, right? Shouldn't stores know that it isn't possible to overstock those things?

But, guess what isn't going to be boring? This coming weekend! We are going to see Romeo and Juliet at the Pioneer Theater. We also have a party to attend right after that with friends who Tim grew up with. And before the play I hope to squeeze in a run up Millcreek. Craziness! We are SO popular and busy. Then, Monday night Tim and I will finally be cashing in on the first of two Jazz games we got tickets to see for Christmas.Technically Tim is cashing in more than me, as I am sort of ambivalent about basketball. But, it will be fun I'm sure. And then my friend Sammy is coming into town for a week. So, brace yourselves, there is much exciting blogging to come in the near future. Also, Tim still has to edit the bowling video from his birthday party. THAT is going to be extremely exciting. Hopefully it doesn't cause an epidemic like The Neer Neer Song did. Speaking of The Neer Neer Song, my co worker who I showed it to decided to play it for my whole team at work in our team meeting last week, and I think they all think I'm totally bonkers now. It is so silly when people don't grasp artistic genius, isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. It's too bad your team at work does not appreciate artistic genius. Some people just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and saw Coraline the other day (IN 3D!!) and I actually liked it. It did drag just a bit, I'll give you that. Oh and it would have scared the crap out of me had I actually been among the demographic that the movie was targeting. Other than that, though, it was just great. I guess it should also be said that I think 3D movies are the coolest thing ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your mini-review of Coraline...Initially I wanted to see it real bad, but after talking to a few others who saw it, I don't think I'm gonna go. But Laura's right, 3-D is pretty rad. And Tess, that is hilarious that your NeerNeer video was shown in a work meeting! I love that! I wish I could've been there for the viewing. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh. kind of embarrassing to have Neer-Neer shown at work, eh? Maybe some of the folks "got it"... Hope so.
    Looking forward to hearing the blog reports on your exciting upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, for the longest time I couldn't find where your comments went. And then I just found out that you changed it to mind blowing something or other.

    I'm going to go see Coraline this weekend, and I don't care what you say, I know it will be awesome. Because I am a huge fan of Neil Gaiman. And seriously the man can do no wrong. Have you read the book?

    And by the way, you have a way more exciting life than I do. I haven't had enough to post about on my blog, so I've been doing the twitter thing. I think I can handle a few sentences right now, better than a whole blog post. You and Laura should join. Tell the Timmah I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just realized I forgot to comment back here.

    I know, my team has problems. Scary that they are all in the marketing department, and none of them recognize amazing when they see it!

    I saw Coraline in 3D!! also. And that was cool. But, I saw Bolt in 3D!! too, and it was way better because it was actually good. Have you seen it? You should, being a dog lover and all I'm sure you'd like it too.

    Yeah, Monica. You could've come just for the meeting with the peeps to see the reactions to the Neer Neer song. They were pretty funny.

    No, I'm pretty sure no one did "get it". Losers.

    Teisha, I hope you liked Coraline. I haven't read the book. Maybe I should, books always rock the house over movies. And that is funny that I disguised my comments from you. And I AM on twitter! I follow one person. My name on there is Bunnybodel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails