Crazy Cat Conundrum

At 3 AM this morning as my retarded cat Ember yowled at the top of his lungs until Sadie finally chased him down the hall I found myself wondering, how much longer can I handle this nightly occurrence? And I mean retarded literally, I'm not just being callous and using it to mean lame. Ember has somehow sustained severe brain damage. I really don't know what went wrong, I just know that he often forgets where his food is, and forgets where his kitty door is and can't figure out how to get back inside. I've had Ember since he was a kitten, for about 11 years now. He was always a good kitty up until I got too many pets for him to handle. I kept thinking he would adjust to two dogs and another cat, but instead his mind apparently cracked. It is pretty sad, because he never bites or scratches and he loves to come sit in my lap when he is in the mood. His only downside is the almost nightly 3 AM yowling. I think there is a chance that if he was owned by someone with no other pets he might regain his sanity and knock off the yowling. But, who wants a senile balding 11 year old cat with yowling issues? Quite a pickle. I guess I'll just wait it out and see if I crack too.

P.S. By the way, would you care to adopt an adorable sweet cat?

Comments

  1. You need to post this on craigslist. With an ad like this, he'll get swooped up pronto. At least I think he might. Well, it's possible that you'll make the craigslist best of section at least. Imagine...being right up there with Hideous, Mean, Saggy-titted Cur. May as well give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I was thinking of that ad when I wrote this, but I was wishing that I had enough funny stuff to say to rival that ad, and thinking that I failed terribly. I guess it would be worth a shot though, I mean it isn't like I have anything to lose. By the way, for anyone who is interested in the Saggy titted cur ad check it out here it is 100% worth the read: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/aus/891762377.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, damn, that didn't work at all. Well, just google hideous saggy titted cur and it is your first result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find the mean, saggy, etc. cur on Craigslist. Did the cur find a home? If so, maybe there's a chance for Ember. Your blog post is funny, but, frankly, I wouldn't be up for adopting him, even though I was very fond of him as a kitty. Of course, I could loan you Daisy and Ember would come to a quick, humane end rather quickly. It's a possibility. If you feel the big crack coming, you should consider the Daisy solution. (And I'm not entirely kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cur ad is in craigslist's best of section. When you go to craigslist on the left there are a bunch of links, best of is one of them. The cur ad is kind of old, I think it is in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, ewww, I think we have slightly differing definitions of humane. Daisy eating Ember in a moment of pooping himself fear, tearing flesh, and snapping bones isn't quiiittte my definition...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, okay, maybe there's an easier way. Try Craigslist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what's the reason of his nightly 3am yowling. Cats can have attitude but the way you described Ember, it seems he got some health issues. Might need a vet to check on him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I met this girl named Ember one time...she was wack. And I can't believe you've had your kitty for 11 years! Wow. I had mine for about 10 before she was murdered by some savage dog about a block away from our house...very sad day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment