Dec 2, 2008

I'm Breaking Up With Coffee

I have a theory about coffee. I think that when you drink it every day your body gets dependent on it to wake up and so you feel more tired in the morning before you have it. If you don't drink coffee, your body figures out how to wake up on its own. I quit drinking coffee for awhile a year or so ago and noticed after I got used to not having it that it was easier to get out of bed. But, as always, coffee seduced me again little by little and before I knew it I was drinking it every day again. Recently, I've really had a hard time getting up and it is really cramping my style cuz I don't get up early enough anymore to work out in the morning so then I gotta do it when I get home from work. Well, no more!! Goodbye nemesis (aka coffee), as of today I'm done with you. We can still be friends, perhaps if you're lucky I'll drink you on Saturdays. But, I encourage you to date other people. I certainly will be.

4 comments:

  1. More power to you. I tried living for a year without coffee and decided it wasnn't worth it. I never ever got up energetic, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love my coffee, but you may be right about some addictive effects. Seth expressed the same theory some years ago when he was trying to give it up. He can't pass up a Starbucks now, though, so I guess it didn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Tess. I think this is a very healthy decision. You know, I've never had a cup of coffee, but the smell of fresh coffee is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I pretty much broke up with coffee about a year ago because I realized that it was making me more anxious. Lately I've been adding a splash of it into my Candy Cane hot cocoa from 7-11 but it might just be a slippery slope to the 5 or so cups that I used to drink...I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails