Coldplay Concert


Last night we went to see Coldplay, one of Tim's favorite bands. He had wanted me to go with him to see them years ago when we were first dating, and I turned him down. So, it was nice to go with him this time. I don't usually listen to much Coldplay, but I actually had a really fun time at the concert and enjoyed the music. Our seats were the furthest away possible, along the very back row of the arena. But, there were camera people there filming from all different angles and it was projected onto a huge screen so we could still see what was going on even though we were a million miles away.
There were some huge hanging spheres too that changed colors and had projections from the cameras on them sometimes. They were pretty cool. The last concert we went to, Muse, had a bunch of bright lights flashing on behind the stage that were splitting my head open the whole time, so this concert was a dream because they used lasers and things that were a lot more pleasant. Cell phones have become a big part of concerts recently, and it is cool to see everyone wave their lit up cell phones in time with the music when the lights are turned down.

Coldplay is pretty chill music most of the time, so a lot of people sat through most of the concert instead of standing and dancing, but there was this one couple who was realllly into it next to us. The guy was waving his arms around like crazy and I kept seeing his hand swiping through my peripheral vision. It kept me on my toes not being sure if I would be smacked, but it was kind of funny to see how into it they were. Even though the excitement may have been drug induced.

We took trax there and back and on the way back it was totally crammed. There was this funny group of Jr. High boys standing near us that kept us entertained on the way home. They had way too much energy and got so excited at one point that they all whipped their jackets off and tried to do more pullups on the bar near the top of the car that the handles are connected to for people who are standing to hold.

Comments

  1. Wow, your photo was taken from a dizzying height! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad those dudes were keeping it real on Trax. Pullup contests = life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to go to this concert! Coldplay has been one of my favorite bands for a long time. Glad you were able to go and have fun. Hopefully the Delta Center's acoustics have improved since a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment