Book Reviews

I've been thinking for awhile that it would be fun to post what I've been reading and how I'm liking it. Now that I'm finally getting around to it I've got 4 recent reads to write about. But, hopefully in the future I can be less of a slacker and actually write about it right after I read it. = )

My Name is Russell Fink:
About a guy who is a hypochondriac, has a hard time keeping a job and finds himself stuck in a rut. Written in a funny way instead of being depressing. I laughed out loud several times while reading this. Although, I did get a little less interested around halfway though. The book took a sappier turn instead of focusing just on the humor, but in a way that was good because I liked the character development that you wouldn't have gotten with a comedy only.

The Time Traveler's Wife:
Basically a romance novel. About a guy who is chronologically impaired, meaning he can't seem to stick in one place in time. I was totally riveted for most of this book.

In God's Footsteps:
The same type of style as Dan Brown. Fast paced action packed. Good stuff and I really liked the ideas in the book.

Thief With No Shadow:
Fantasy/action. This came highly recommended by my mom and I really liked it too. From the point of view of a girl who is also a wraith (person who can disappear at will) on a mission to save her brother. Lots of imaginative creatures in this book.

Comments

  1. I love The Time Traveler's Wife! I randomly bought it a few years ago at an airport so I could have something to read on the plane and ended up loving it. Thief with No Shadow sounds interesting. I'll have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim (or Tess...or both?),

    Mike here, and I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for a) for reading my book, and b) for taking the time to say nice stuff about it. From where I'm sitting (just south of Nashville), that's pretty darn cool! So many heartfelt thanks for that.

    I too have heard the Time Traveler's Wife is supposed to be great. Need to check that one out too.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're posting book reviews. Now I have several to check out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment