Kitchen Progress




We have been remodeling our kitchen for roughly 5 years now judging by how long it feels and about 6 months in reality. Actually, Tim has done most of it and I help with important things like sanding. It has been interesting trying to combine our styles, mine being cheap, and Tim's being nice looking. Also I like the cozy feel whereas Tim likes the industrial look. He likes styles that would make the kitchen look like some sort of warehouse, his dream is to have metal cabinets and cement counters. But, surprisingly, we have come up with a style that we are both really happy with, at a pretty decent cost. It wasn't nearly as cheap as I was hoping though and Tim would manipulate me by doing things like this: we had to rip out our old counter tops to install the cement counter top and after ripping out the old Tim called me and said, "Hello Darling, the cabinets underneath are starting to fall apart and won't support the new counter, we can either add supports to make them work, or build new counters. Which do you want to do?" And I of course would say that I wanted to make the old ones work. So, then Tim would say, "Wellllll.... we really can't do that, they are just too old. So, what do you want to do?" (this cycle repeated a few times before he admitted that I actually had no choice at all) He did essentially the same thing when asking me if I wanted to use our old sink, or get a new one. He really honed his manipulative skills during this project. Anyway, we have the new cabinets in now, the counter is done, and the walls have been remudded to perfection. This weekend we have to paint. Then Tim still has to build a few more cabinet doors and shelves. Also, Tim scoffs at me when I suggest leaving the floor the way it is, apparently it doesn't match and we need to sand it down and restain it a darker color to achieve contrast. But, that is at least a few weeks out. Then we have to tackle the yard,which Tim destroyed while building our second garage so now we have only a few sparse patches of surviving lawn. So, I sure have a lot to blog about in the future!!

Comments

  1. I had no idea Tim was so good at manipulation. However, you love the new kitchen, so all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment